Monday, June 14, 2010

Goals

I read somewhere that a Harvard study said goals are more likely to be achieved if they are written down. Well, here we go, then:

- Drink at least 32 ounces of water a day
- Stick to the low-processed carbs food plan (avoiding the word "diet" because that insinuates it's a temporary break from a normal habit; this is a lifestyle change)
- Do 20-25 minutes of cardio at least three days a week, if not four
- Resistance training if possible (if not at the gym, I have those 10 lb. dumbbells laying around)
- Write down what I eat every day

:D this is THE summer to get healthy. I did gain a little weight in college and want to reverse that! Instead of getting discouraged and denying it, I'm facing the fact that it happened instead of moping about it, hoping that it'll reverse itself. When I put myself to something like this, I DO get results. I must remember that. Last winter I dropped 8 pounds by cutting carbs, lifting, and running.

On a good note, I tried out my new Asics I bought yesterday by going on a run. They're damn comfortable. I think now that I've bought Nikes a few times now and have never been that satisfied with their comfort or feel, well, I"m just giving up on them. My black Tri-D "running shoes" I used all this past band season were a joke. Within the first week of training camp my ankles were chafing, and I already had to use hot glue to seam together one of the bottom rubber "squares" in the sole that was flapping around while I marched. Just last week I had to cut off parts of the soles since they were still flapping around and coming unglued... they lasted less than a year.

The Asics are really smooth, no matter where I run. Here's to a successful summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment