Since I haven't updated in nearly a month, and I'm too lazy to detail EVERYTHING for a change, here's some brief things which have happened since my last post.
I made both pregame and halftime blocks in the Ohio University Marching 110 for the third year in a row.
I was a squad leader for the first show and got my squad through halftime and pregame with relatively no mistakes. I hated the responsibility, though; when shackled to my incompetence in reading drill and overall lack of confidence, still, in marching and guiding in high-step, I thought it would be best to step down from my position. I did, and am much happier.
Classes started today. Anthropology 201 is going to be amazing. I can't wait to learn more about evolution so that I can actually have arguments to make when and if I ever need to make them. It's a fascinating topic, anyway. This class covers biological anthropology. I'm really looking forward to it.
I'm now officially a graphic design major, which I'm still adjusting to. My old art advisor isn't my advisor anymore, unfortunately, but I'd say it's worth it to walk into the juniors' studio and actually feel like I deserve to be in the room.
My roommate and I are getting along very well, and our room is so cozy. My favorite part is that I have a single un-bunked bed for the FIRST time in college. I'm almost 20 and have slept on the top bunk for two years now... Christ. That way my roommate never gets to watch me draw or creep on my computer! I can be all tucked away facing her on my own single bed. I love it.
Today I tried out a headset when playing Uncharted 2 on my PS3. It was actually a lot of fun to converse with other players. Surprisingly I had no altercations with chauvinist trash-talkers.
And lastly, I went to the freshman fair yesterday to scope out interesting clubs/activities... the club women's lacrosse team is recruiting. HOLY SHIT. My dreams may come true. I'm going to the meeting tomorrow night. Practices don't even interfere with band
Looks like it's going to be another fantastic year!
No comments:
Post a Comment