Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Atmospheric Changes

If those few followers of mine read the title of this and think of a particular euphonium player recommending that you chew gum, well, rock on. Haha.

Aside from that, what I'm really referring to is how one's environment affects one's habits. I simply can't wait to get back to Pittsburgh, mainly to settle myself into an environment that I'm familiar with again. Though Athens is certainly not alien to me anymore, I feel that sometimes I'm restricted, even with more physical options of release (transportation, let's say).

I am absolutely excited to get onto this diet program thing that a friend sent me a link to. Near the middle of this quarter, I shifted over to eating less carbs and calories, which seems to be the only way I can burn fat. This program recommended to me is merely a jumpstart: no gimmicks, but just an organized list of the food you should eat every day for 12 weeks. It's a personal plan put forth by a female bodybuilder.

Eating less carbs seems to, as I said, be the only way for me to drop pounds. I've only gained a little weight in college, probably under the "standard" Freshman 15, but I'd still like to reach my goal I've been trying to obtain for two years now: get my weight down to a healthier level. I'm just on the cusp of overweight, anyhow, but trust me, I desire a lot more than just being under that ridge.

I think this is going to be easier to manage back home, where I control my surroundings to a much greater degree. You know at college how suddenly everything seems more exciting, more alien, more delicious, more accessible, than in your hometown? Living in Pittsburgh for 19 years has kind of sucked the fun and novelty out of many things around me. Being able to stick that into reigns every time I come home is a good thing for me. I demand control. Control of my surroundings is going to definitely help me with my goals. Not being on campus will surely affect what I eat, how much I exercise, and negative influence of others.

Here's to the last pieces of Shively pizza I will ever eat... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment